Too many Community Associations have too much, not enough, wrong or no coverage, leading to improper insurance coverage for the Community Association. For a Unit Owner, having improper insurance is even more prevalent. We will breakdown the ins and outs of the Common Interest Community Act , the Illinois Condominium Property Act and how they correlate with your Association’s Governing Documents. In addition, we will explain the basics of Risk Management and how to be better prepared for the future.
In this seminar you will learn :
- What the ICPA and CICA states about insurance, in layman’s terms.
- Unit Owner to Unit Owner water loss - who is responsible?
- How does Ordinance or Law coverage work?
- Employee Dishonesty vs Fidelity Bond - what’s the difference?
- You have been special assessed the Association’s insurance deductible, now what?
- What is the proper insurance coverage for Directors and Officers liability?
- What to do and whom to call when there is a flood, fire, or disaster?
- Board Member falls off a ladder while changing a light bulb, who’s going to pay the $65,000 medical bill?
- Bring your personal or association’s insurance coverage, for our free analysis!
SEMINAR TO BE LED BY: Marshall N. Dickler and Ron Sirotzki
Attorney Marshall N. Dickler, of Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell – Marshall’s practice encompasses representation of Community Associations in all matters. Marshall is admitted to the Illinois Bar; admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Appellate Court for the Seventh Circuit Court and the Federal Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois. He has lectured, taught and participated in the national and regional conferences and conventions addressing many subjects dealing with Community Associations.
Ron Sirotzki Founder and President of Condo Risk Insurance Specialist, Inc. In over thirty years in the industry, he has underwritten thousands of insurance policies for Community Associations and Unit Owners. He brings passion, with a no-nonsense approach towards insurance. Ron’s knowledge and credibility has always been his staple.
Together they will provide the tools and information needed, to properly evaluate your needs.
ACTHA is your “go to” for your Community Associations needs.